Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help on FYP project ( Portable security system)

Status
Not open for further replies.

E11022

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

i am new here. I am currently just about to start on my FYP project which is portable security system using PIC.

My idea is as below:
The system will react to turning of door knob, pushing/opening of door/windows and movement in the house/building/hostel room/hotel room. When the system detect any of these activities described, the alarm will sound. AND HERE IS THE PROBLEM:

When the alarm sound, it should send a notification to the handphone and the handphone will actually call the preset number to notify the owner about the intrusion. I had seen examples for people using a house phone, but since my project is about PORTABLE, i wish to use a handphone, may be?
Can anyone guide me or explain to me is that possible for my project to use a handphone as a communication device? And any suggestion what kind of handphone is advisable to use?

I really need help on this topic as i need to make all things clear.

Thank you so much...

I know GSM module can work too, but then i am on tight budget (i have to fund myself for the project ) , thats why preferably i would like to use handphone as i have a few unused handphones such as SE K700, C905, Samsung xxx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back