Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help on buying a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

mig29fulcrum

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi...
I am planning to buy a laptop and i wanna chose between DELL (INSPIRON 5110 & 4110),ASUS(U35JC),and ACER(5755).I don't want to spent much money on this ,so which one do you recommend.
Please let me know about their performance if you have tested them.

What are the CPU, RAM and HDD specs you are considering? Those are the key performance drivers for computing. If you want to play video games, then the graphics card and display type also come into play.

I'm studying electronics an i will run compiler and simulator on it.My priorities are CPU & RAM. Battery is also my consideration .INSPIEON 5110 has i5 CPU and 6G RAM,and ASUS also has the same option but i don't know about their battery.So which one should i chose?I mean which one has better performance?Have you ever worked with them?

Acer AS7741G-6426 is a very nice laptop. I've returned the same model (very reluctantly, I should say) because of some problems, but I really liked the machine, its speed and design. My extensive shopping research proved that in this price range and even above it, there is nothing better on the market. I'm not a gamer, but my laptops must handle some video/graphic editing in addition to regular "laptop chores."

I had to wait before this model became available again - I wanted to buy directly from Amazon since I prefer their customer service, price and return policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.