Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help. led light circuit with output at on/off

Status
Not open for further replies.

qrat

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
led light circuit

I would like some advice on building a circuit to power 3-4 jumbo leds with a 1.2 volt output when turned on and off. I want to make two circuits one that turns on red leds (1.9-2.3 volt) and one for blue leds (3.2-3.6 volts). I also need to output a 1.2 volt signal when the lights turn on and off. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

led light circuits

Look in Google for the Joule Thief circuit. It lights a single LED (any voltage one) dimly from a 1.2V battery cell. My solar garden lights use it and another circuit that is similar but they also light a single LED dimly.

help led light

Thanks. I can light the led, but I need to be able to turn on a count up circuit when the led is turned on and turn it off when the led is turned off. The timing circuit needs to be completed to start and stop. It runs off 1.2v.

led lights circuit

Use a voltage stepup circuit and a 74HCxxxx counter that works with a supply as low as 2.0V.

led lights circuits

I am trying to make timers(6) for an airsoft tournament. Each unit needs two countup timers, one for each team (red and blue). When the red timer is activated a red led lights up to signify the red team has control. The blue team would turn off the red timer and turn on the blue timer lighting up the blue led. The counters will be activated and count up when the corresponding team has control of the unit. At the end of the game which ever team had control of the timer(s) the longest wins.

I have very limited electronics experience. I can do to the work (soldering, ect), but do not know/understand the theory. I did some research and found the 555 timers, but I could not find displays. I found some inexpensive kitchen timers with large displays. To start and stop the timer it just needs a completed circuit, 1.2v. My original plan was to find a point on the board that had power while it was counting and use that to turn on the leds, unsuccessful.

I need to find a way to turn on the led and start the timer, then turn off the led and stop the timer. The leds are ~3v and the timer is 1.2v. The timer starts and stops by completing a circuit(momentary), the lights are on/off.

If you could help it would be greatly appreciated or if there is a better place to go let me know. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back