Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help in the design of power on reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

incol

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hysteresis power on reset

there is a request in my design that hysteresis of por is 0.07v, what does it mean,is it means delay is 0.07v? what is the use of hysteresis in por ?
thanks

Mainly the POR hysteresis is used to absorve the variation of the power supply during the power on phase, you will have a threshold value in order to compare to resetout the processor (the power supply is now in stady state) and this comparison has and hysteresis in order to absorve the variation/ripple of the power supply.

I hope to be usefull this comments.

Hystersis of 75mV means that, when your input goes above threshold by 75mV then only the ouput would go high. Similarly, when input is going down , the output shall chage only when input has gone 75mV below the threshold vlaue
Hope it helps

ambreesh said:
Hystersis of 75mV means that, when your input goes above threshold by 75mV then only the ouput would go high. Similarly, when input is going down , the output shall chage only when input has gone 75mV below the threshold vlaue
Hope it helps

I think POR have a higher threshold and lower threshold, the difference between these two thresholds is the hystersis, right?

Yes, so around the reference you could devide the 70mV drop, depending on your requirmrnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.