Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[51] Need help in Proteus simulation of GSM and GPS via compim

Status
Not open for further replies.

14hundredcc

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!
I want to connect GSM modem (SIM 300) and GPS module (SR90) to laptop via two USB-to-DB9 converter cables, for Proteus simulation using compim. I have two free USB ports on laptop for that.

Here is the Proteus screenshot:
01screen_proteus.png

As mentioned in this reply https://www.edaboard.com/threads/293626/#post1258983 , I made two free ports; COM1 and COM2 in Device manager.
04DeviceManager.PNG

But it says '...over Bluetooth link' . It doesn't look right. Do I need to install USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers from **broken link removed** ?

Also, what changes to I have to make in the Properties windows of both the compims?
Here are the default values:

1) of GSM modem's compim
02GSMcompimPropertiesWindow.PNG

2) of GPS's compim
03GPScompimPropertiesWindow.PNG

Thank you everybody for helping. :p

This is how I solved it:
Change the physical and virtual baud rates of GSM to 9600, and that of GPS to 4800.

Setting the same in Hyperterminal, the GSM modem works; 'AT' gives 'OK', but the GPS modem gives unreadable ASCII data. Do I have to tweek some settings? I use Progin SR-90 (https://www.vegarobokit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=486)

Also tell me what adapter do we need for SR-90? The description page doesn't mention anything about the power requirements. Will a 4.9V/450mA DC adapter work?
On giving 9V AC (it has on-board W10M rectifier), the 7805 regulator IC quickly becomes hot.

Set baudrate to 9600 bps for COM port used for GPS module in device manager. I have a GPS module and its default baudrate is 9600 bps.

Thanks mate, that worked. Now I'm getting proper coordinates in Hyperterminal. Can you tell me which adapter have you used for it?

I didn't use and USB2RS232 adaptor. My GPS module has both 5V TTL and USB interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back