Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in my Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

udaymach

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Fnz,
My project is to design a Barrel processor (architecture design and coding in VHDL) in which the architecture doesn't involve any pipelining. I am new to this field and i am not able to find the architecture of this processor anywhere in the internet. Can anyone please help me out................................................ I have given a short note on my project below.

The processor has to execute one instruction from each thread at a time for all threads upto N threads. I need to design the architecture for the Barrel processor and has to implement the processor on a FPGA by using VHDL.

So, I have to take a basic architecture of any of the processor and have to modify it such that the processor has N - number of PC,SP,SR,Thread IDs,etc. for each thread. I have to cycle all these registers of each thread at their turn executing only one instruction at a time.

For example Thread -1 is taken and all its corresponding CPU registers are loaded, then one instruction from this thread is executed. Then again Thread -2 is taken and all its CPU registers are loaded, then one instruction from this thread is executed, etc. upto N threads and again its cycled from the first.

Example:
Thread -1 ACC Ro-Rn PC SP Thread ID Flags Thread-status(En/Disable)
Thread -2 ACC Ro-Rn PC SP Thread ID Flags Thread-status(En/Disable)
Thread -3 ACC Ro-Rn PC SP Thread ID Flags Thread-status(En/Disable)

So, I have to design an architecture first and then i have to code in VHDL.

-
Thanks,
UDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back