Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NEED HELP in mapping of coordinates through CMOS camera and ATMEGA32 microcontroller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ameen Yousuf

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone,

I am working on a virtual keyboard project, i plan on using the C3038 cmos camera module along with an AVR ATMEGA 32 microcontroller.

Intially i planned on projecting a keyboard image but is not feasable for me so i decided on using a keyboard printed on a paper instead.

For the time being i am collecting data and information about my project and components to use and have started the implementation actually.

My question:
Using the camera how can i map the coordinates of they keys? I figured out a way to detect the position of the key using laser light, but i cant figure out how to map the x,y coodinates of the keys.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

using i2c protocol, communication between the camera and controller would be done through this. Also pins from the data giving a digital output would be mapped directly to the controller

Status
Not open for further replies.