Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help in interface temperature sensor wif parallel port

Status
Not open for further replies.

ping86

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all.i m new here.hope someone can help me.
recently i have a project using pc to read a temperature.
now i m already convert the analog signal to digital signal by using 0804 ic.
n the 0804 already connect properly to parallel port.
i m using windows xp sp2 os.
i want to use visual basic to read the data.but hav a little bit information in programming only.hope someone here can help me.
Q1.i know win xp diff wif win 98/95,they need some DLL to link the I/O to vb,like inpout32.dll is it?put in system dir, but programming i only learn c++.i wan to use visual basic to do like GUI (like a program can show to user)
hope someone can help me ,thanks.
e-mail : lai_boonping@hotmail.com

Re: need help in interface temperature sensor wif parallel p

hi,

VB can not handle the parallel port by itself and u need a dll file as yourself mentioned. you just need to add a module in your project and call the API functions exists in dll and thats it. You can use the function in VB then. The parallel port is &H378. So you define the port and write the data.

Samad

hmm...i m noob in vb,so is it i need to write a module myself or can download from some website?
and what is the API function?
i go find some module sample.but still have no idea about it. is it the module is the program that link the vb with the port together so that vb can access the port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back