Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in fixing my Keyboard!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harsha_avunoori

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All!!!

I have a Lenovo Y450 Ideapad laptop I bought it last Dec 09.....I have been facing some problems with the keyboard...Everytime I type something in my Yahoo Messenger or in any Username or Password box the letters change into numbers and I have checked many times that my NumLock is not ON and also tried cleaning my laptop using Anti-Spyware and tried various tricks but none worked...So can anyone help me out with this problem ???

Numbers do appear in a sequential fashion... if i type ABCDEF then I see 012345...

Thanks in Advance!!!

As you have mentioned, if the Laptop is newly bought on DEC09, its not yet an year and naturally its an manufacturing deffect with the keyboard and you can claim warantee. If its a second hand one, better to replace with a new one as replacements are ample available in Bangalore, Mumbai, or Delhi markets. Too i suspect about some virus or trojans playing the game, you may use any leagal version of good antivirus to scan the system for any malwares.
Cheers

I agree with pranam77, if pressing the key results in anything being repeatedly entered, it isn't the keyboard at fault. More likely the tables that convert key codes to characters is corrupted. First, check that the country support for the keyboard is correctly installed, then, try booting from a 'live' CD, I suggest Ubuntu and see what happens. If it works correctly when booting from a live distro it isn't a hardware fault.

Brian.

You can try this method:Hold down the Fn key, press the keyboard's Num Lock key to release the upper right.

Status
Not open for further replies.