Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in fabricating mushroom-like EBG structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeyana

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends..
I'm having difficulties here where i dont have any idea to fabricate vias of mushroom EBG... i've found a solution using bail-bars but unfortunately its hard to find it in my country. so i hope u guys can provide me some solution. thank u very much. i really appreciate ur respon.

What's a bail-bar? I haven't heard the term before..?

For the mushroom EBGs I've been making I've found regular plated-through-hole PCB techniques/manufacturing has worked fine. I'm not sure what special thing you might be doing or needing though? I've been designing EBGs with PCB substrates (I've used Rogers 4003, PTFE-loaded dielectrics and even good old FR-4) of varying thicknesses and just using conventional (and cheap) double sided PCB manufacturers to build my prototypes.

The bottom layer is a solid plane of copper, the top layer contains my repeated pattern of "mushroom heads", with plated through [drilled] vias linking the two sides. At ~$2 for a 100mmx100mm FR-4 PCB from China (e.g. http://imall.iteadstudio.com/open-pcb/pcb-prototyping/im120418003.html), prototyping (can be) reasonably inexpensive!

Hai thylacine1975. Tq for d respon. Im designing mushroom ebg structure. Im done with simulation process using cst. Now im try to fabricate it. I already drilling holes to insert d via. And i know little bit about through hole via. The problem is, i cant find any ready made via in d market here. I hope there are DIY idea to make the vias. By d way, my ebg is using fr4 board with 1.6mm thickness and bottom layer has solid copper ground plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back