Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help in HFSS and Maxwell or Q3D (How to find the current and voltage after each segment of a wire)

Xeeshan143

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends, Please help me out regarding the problem I am facing, I would like to find the voltage and current after each wire of the coil, (here I put some segments (segments are capacitors)).

I'm not sure how to find the voltage and current (which must be reduced because of the theoretical aspect)... for example, if I give 100A and then pass 100A through each turn of the inductor, the current and voltage must be reduced.

The pictures are shown below... Your help will be greatly appreciated by the researchers. Thanks in advance. I'm waiting for the positive comments from you people.

Capt12121212100121212000ure.PNG

Captur121212154879545454210151051452100000e.PNG

If you're exciting the coil directly, you can just evaluate the E and H fields on the loop to obtain the values -- i.e., insert some integration curves and used the field calculator to calculate voltages and currents by integrating along these curves.

Exactely I am using the field calculator, but I did not get the exact value. For example, if I give the input 100 A in the coil, after the capacitor, if i would like to check, i get the value 0.00121, or some such thing (which does not make sense).
Please help me out or show me some other way that I can find the exact value.

Your simulation may not be adequately converged. The field calculator is very sensitive to convergence, and I've found that usually over-convergence is required.

Please also post the field calculator expressions you are using.

My simulation is adequately converged, friend, let me show you the actual coil and what I would like to find. These are the Figures...For example the voltage and current must be drop after the capacitor and i would like to finmd the how much current and voltage drop... and the 3rd picture I show you how i use the field calculator. (Please give me suggesstion)

Coil_!2.PNG

Coil_13.PNG

Calculator.PNG

Coil1231.PNG

I cannot discern from your images what your current-measuring loop is comprised of. Please show us some detailed images, along with some numbers: how much current is being excited at the port, how much is being measured at various points along the coil, etc.

I'm not sure of your equation is correct. You are evaluating the real component of H, but are not selecting a particular phase, so you might be betting the value at 0 phase, where it is close to a minimum. I would use the "atPhase" function instead of "real".

Kindly download the zip file ... You will better know what I would like to find,( Again according to the theory: When AC voltage is applied to the series circuit, the capacitor and the Inductor will begin to exchange energy back and forth b/w their electric and magnetic field, which can cause the over all voltage and current in the circuit decrease).
My question is that how to calculate the that how much voltage and current droped. (I will be very thankful to you for your kind help) Thanks

Attachments

• WP1.rar
    122.4 KB · Views: 81
I give 60A as excitation, now i would like that how much current is decrease by adding capacitor..... using the curve I am not getting the result....

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back