Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help in creating partions

Status
Not open for further replies.

something11

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai can any one tell me how to do partions when installing ubuntu.
when i did installation i have done four partions but after installation it is showing only one what is the problem

We need to mount it. Only after that you can patitions I guess.

For mounting you can do this

*Places--->"Select your partiton"

hai can any one tell me how to do partions when installing ubuntu.
when i did installation i have done four partions but after installation it is showing only one what is the problem

The point is where you want to see???

Well on a command prompt type "cat /proc/partitions"

does it show you all the partitions???

If yes then you did installation in a proper way.
if no then while installing you again deleted partitions.

If you want to create partition on a live system by resizing, then consider DISK-DRUID or some sort of partitioning software.

type df command in shell prompt. This will show u the all the drive that r made on ur system. Also there may be the case where u created partition on window based system first and then u tried to install it on anther drive then these drives might not been show.

type df command in shell prompt. This will show u the all the drive that r made on ur system. Also there may be the case where u created partition on window based system first and then u tried to install it on anther drive then these drives might not been show.

"df" is for diskfree, it only shows you the mounted filesystems, not all. To see all the partitions detected by the kernel you have to do a "cat /proc/partitions" as I said earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.