Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in a project with pic 18f258!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivansousa

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!
I have to make a project of a robot, with pic 18f258.
The robot have 2 motors. My first step is to program the robot in C to move, 2º step is velocity and position. I think i have to use the pwm... Anyone have a example of it? I dont know where to start... Plz help me i dont have experience on this area but i want to learn.

Thx for your time
and sorry for my english[/url]

Hi ivansousa,
As you have already identified that your application will be having two motors, now you need to choose the stepper motor that suits your application. Then you need to interface the PIC microcontroller with the stepper motor. Depending upon the stepper motor specifications you need to program the PIC. Once this is done, only application has to be written. (to move / rotate the motors according to commands, etc).

Regards,
vhn

Status
Not open for further replies.