Status
Not open for further replies.

trimax

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi there, Im not an electrician, I am pretty much a layperson in all this.
i just wanted to ask some technically minded people a question Ive had floating around for a while.

I have this https://line6.com/jm4looper/ its powered by an ac wall plug adapter and the specs are:
9V, 2000mA, center tip positive, 2.5mm diameter

I busk with my electric guitar on the street, and have a chargable amplifier, I would really like to use this line 6 looper pedal on the street but it doesnt take battereys.

Is it possible to buy/build a mobile power supply for this using batterys or any other means??

Thanks guys,
any input much appreciated.

You can build a voltage regulator based on low-dropout voltage regulators ..
They just need roughly 1V difference between input and output to produce nice (with short-circuit protection) 9V output ..
As the power source you can use standard 12V car/motorcycle battery ..

Here are examples:
**broken link removed**

Rgds,
IanP

I would think 6 alkaline batteries in series would do, provided the wall wart isn't regulated (most aren't). You can check by measuring the wall wart when it's not plugged into the JM4 - if it is lots more than 9V then it is unregulated. My Yamaha DTXpress PSU is 17V off load an it is a 12V one. The modules themselves usually contain the regulator.

Keith.

Now u must specify what voltage u want to use whether split or single rail power suply, stil think a regulated suply is best.

enobong said:
Now u must specify what voltage u want to use whether split or single rail power suply, stil think a regulated suply is best.

Trimax has already given that information. Why do you think you need a regulator if the existing wall wart is unregulated?

It might be worth trying the line6 support forum:

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…