Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help for portable guitar effects power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

trimax

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi there, Im not an electrician, I am pretty much a layperson in all this.
i just wanted to ask some technically minded people a question Ive had floating around for a while.

I have this https://line6.com/jm4looper/ its powered by an ac wall plug adapter and the specs are:
9V, 2000mA, center tip positive, 2.5mm diameter

I busk with my electric guitar on the street, and have a chargable amplifier, I would really like to use this line 6 looper pedal on the street but it doesnt take battereys.

Is it possible to buy/build a mobile power supply for this using batterys or any other means??

Thanks guys,
any input much appreciated.

You can build a voltage regulator based on low-dropout voltage regulators ..
They just need roughly 1V difference between input and output to produce nice (with short-circuit protection) 9V output ..
As the power source you can use standard 12V car/motorcycle battery ..

Here are examples:
**broken link removed**

Rgds,
IanP

I would think 6 alkaline batteries in series would do, provided the wall wart isn't regulated (most aren't). You can check by measuring the wall wart when it's not plugged into the JM4 - if it is lots more than 9V then it is unregulated. My Yamaha DTXpress PSU is 17V off load an it is a 12V one. The modules themselves usually contain the regulator.

Keith.

Now u must specify what voltage u want to use whether split or single rail power suply, stil think a regulated suply is best.

enobong said:
Now u must specify what voltage u want to use whether split or single rail power suply, stil think a regulated suply is best.

Trimax has already given that information. Why do you think you need a regulator if the existing wall wart is unregulated?

It might be worth trying the line6 support forum:

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back