Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help for parallel connection of rs485

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsanthosh67

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Actually i am working with ADM2587E rs485 communication its works fine with single master and slave,but i am not able to connect multiple slave with single master.kindly help me for the connection,when i workout with this a junk value will received at the time of transmit a data....

Regards,
Santhoshkumar

RS-485 communication depends on only one peer activating Tx enable (signal DE) at a time. How is this achieved in your slave design?

It may be necessary to have pull-up/pull-down resistors for a proper bus idle state ("mark") when it's not driven by any side.

Totally i worked with 3 boards connected parallel,By default Tx enable pin(DE) is High and the Rx enable pin(RE) is low in all the boards.Then what's the solution...

I guess from your description that you are using the full duplex configuration as described in figure 42 of the ADM2587E datasheet (otherwise a single slave would work neither with permanently enabled transceivers).

The solution is to enable only one slave transmitter at a time and leave it disabled by default. Some UARTs are providing a transmit enable signal in hardware automatically (may need to be inverted). Otherwise the transmitter can be controlled by software or a hardware timer.

ya you are right when i work with single master and slave it works fine,more then one slave only the problem arise, i am trying to solve the issue by your way, Thanks for reply..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back