Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help for my LNA project!!plz!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dia_bo_lique

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lna project

I am designing a LNA using a BF998 dual FET with an operating frequency of between 137MHz - 138MHz,and gain: 15-20dB.I am using Electronics Workbench Multisim 9 software to simulate the frequency response of the circuit.The problem is..I have been tweaking the values of the LNA circuit but so far unable to produce anything even remotely close to the required frequency response(similar to a bandpass filter response->designed to pass frequencies bet. 137MHz-138MHz,reject all other freq).Can some1 plz take a look at my circuit I have attached n tell me wuts wrong with it?or maybe if u can suggest the appropriate values..I would appreciate ur help tremendously.plz!!any1!![/img]

bf998 at 1v

Seems that your circuit is oscillating around 60MHz.
Try to change the input and the output match, use an RF choke instead R4, and try to avoid using that BPF at the output (LP input match and HP output match should be fine getting decent bandwidth).

Also You can try by placing choke at gate input i.e at position(4) in your schematic.
Have you Entered all parameters of transistor
BF 998 in simulator?
Such as Eg, Vto etc.?
Please check your Model.

Status
Not open for further replies.