Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help designing a circuit for a mini seesaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

krizas

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
miniature seesaw

I would like to build a seesaw-like miniature which would be swinging by itself. I'm thinking to place dinamically driven electromagnet under each seesaw end. The seesaw ends would be made of iron or permanent magnets. The current would be supplied to each electromagnet alternately, causing the whole construction to swing.

Though I don't know how could I design that controlling circuit. The first thing which crossed my mind was to use astable multivibrator. Though I'm afraid things aren't so simple using solenoids. Can I just place an electromagnet where I tipically would place led or lamp? Will such a design work despite possible effects of inductivity?

I did search and found nothing, but maybe someone knows an article on how to switch between to electromagnets periodically? Or can help with circuit design?

Thanks in advance,
krizas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back