Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help about Dll file - programs or tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

real_tr

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need help about Dll

Hi to all,
I need help
Do you have any tool used to extract function list with arguments from a dll file?
Please help...
trabzone_net_team@yahoo.com

There are tools for extracting function names at internet but i dont want these programs. These programs gives only func1 name. I want (for example)
int func1(int *) like output?
Any tool, program will be helpful
thanx

I don't think what you want is possible. From a pure DLL you can get only the function names. If you want more you need to get a lib file, or the documentation of the DLL.
Of course you can load into a debugger and manually try to see what is going on...

hi,
i know it is possible that there is/are program(s) that extracts functions' all arguments but i dont know its name.

I only want to use a dll function with my program written with c++.
But debugger idea may be good. Do you know how can i do that?

One tool I can think of is tdump.exe from Borland, but I don't thing you get the full function details from it. Anyway, you can download at **broken link removed**
There are other tools that extract the full information, but will only work with VB DLLs, or other specialized DLLs.
In order to proceed with a debugger, load in the debugger the program that uses the DLL, and trap the calls to the function names (which you may learn by using tdump). Once you break on a function call, you can try and guess what are the parameters from looking at what is pushed on the stack, but you may of course be wrong.
As a debugger I recommend SoftICE, but other debuggers will do as well.

please give name of the tools to extract full information from dll or say how can i search it

thanx, i will try them
now that is the problem
there is an exe file uses dll file and i want to know which functions it uses in dll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back