Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need component recommendation for a 12V to 5V switching regulator IC chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenniz

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm building a affordable portable phone charger, similar to the size of a typical Iphone charger with modular USB plug.
My power source comes from a 12V solar PV system hence i need recommendation for a 12V to 5V switching regulator chip or very small device

It will be preferable if the component can be brought from element14 and cheap.
Thank you!

sooooo, why don't you look at the element14 website? They post prices! So you can figure out how cheap it would be!!

Why do you need a switcher? How much current are you drawing? These are pretty fundamental questions. A switcher is going to be more expensive than a linear, what with inductors and diodes and all.

This can be cheaply with MC34063 for current up to 500mA. Also you can use other switching regulators for higher currents.

You didnt specify current needs?

Sorry, i have never dealt with a switching regulator before. Need expertise advice so that i won't end up buying the wrong IC chip.

The current rating is 1A
Is there any chip that provide an output voltage of between 5V to 5V?

Sorry, i have never dealt with a switching regulator before. Need expertise advice so that i won't end up buying the wrong IC chip.

The current rating is 1A
Is there any chip that provide an output voltage of between 5V to 5V?

You need 5V to 5V or 12V to 5V regulation?

How about a Chinese charger?
SD45215.pngSD45215Brd1.pngSD45215Brd2.pngSD45215Brd3.png

Attachments

• SD45215(1).pdf
    242.1 KB · Views: 42

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back