Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need assistance in identifying potentiometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJRick

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have a pot that I'm trying to identify via the markings on it's back. It's a three lug, panel mount potentiometer.

The ID reads: 450-VR5997 R9732

Can anyone help so I can obtain a replacement?

Any assistance is appreciated!

I think the given marking have no values in it. Just connect a multimeter to the extreme ends and you'll get the value. Replace with the same. Cheers

Two tests with a multimeter reveal the total resistance and the resistance characteristic. Do you guess how?

connect two ends of the pot with multimeter and rotate the knob extreem left and right and check the value the max value is your pot value i.e. 10K or 100k

shamikrudra said:
connect two ends of the pot with multimeter and rotate the knob extreem left and right and check the value the max value is your pot value i.e. 10K or 100k
Connecting the extreme ends of a potentiometer to a multimeter and you'll get a fixed resistance. Therez no need to rotate the knowb..coz ..Rotating the knob will do nothing..try it...Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.