Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need article on mono pole antenna over PEC theory and fomulas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan0354

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
Can anyone give me the theory or link to articles on calculating the \[P_{rad},\; R_r\;and\; D_0\] of bottom feed mono pole antenna on PEC?

Thanks

Hi.
why you don't use from it's dipole equivalent and convert dipole formula to monopole?
you can find dipole antenna formula on any antenna book,for example balanis,stutzman and ....

In general for a half wave dipole and a quarter wave monopole we have (from balanis):

normalized power pattern = [sin(theta)]^3
Radiation resistance(monopole) = 0.5*Radiation resistance(dipole) = 36.5 ohms
directivity(monopole) = 2*directivity(dipole) = 3.286
input impedance(monopole) = 0.5*input impedance(dipole) = 36.5 + j21.25

in fact,monopole antenna is same as dipole antenna that is radiating in half sapce ( 0<theta<90)
good luck

Thanks for the reply, I have already resolved this yesterday already. Yes, I proved that the image current is the same as the lower half of a regular dipole and use the formulas for dipoles and integrate in half space (z>0 or \[0<\theta<\frac{\pi}{2}\].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back