Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need antenna @60Mhz transmitting upto 20 metres

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandrolla

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i'm doing a project on wireless interfacing betweeen a computer and a printer. the modulator operates at 60mhz. i'm using FSK as the modulating scheme. the project has to be capable of working within a distance of 20-25 metres. receiving antennas are no problem but the transmitting ones tend to be large at the frequencies involved. i want a small antenna the does this job but it is difficult to find one?

For such small ranges you can use even PCB
based one . In such cases induction is used to compensate antenna length to frequency .
But RF module and antenna's impendance must be aligned .
Sure, there are guys knowing this subject much better .

Hi,

As Artem says, it can be done on the pcb. But why are you using so low freq? For high frequency, there are a lot of transceiver chips available (Chipcon, NordIc, Metelix, Atmel, etc etc). On the NordIc website you will find some appnotes about the design of simple antennas on the pcb.

hxxp://www.nvlsi.no

Good luck, Al

mandrolla said:
i'm doing a project on wireless interfacing betweeen a computer and a printer. the modulator operates at 60mhz. i'm using FSK as the modulating scheme. the project has to be capable of working within a distance of 20-25 metres. receiving antennas are no problem but the transmitting ones tend to be large at the frequencies involved. i want a small antenna the does this job but it is difficult to find one?

I think the way is only the "shorten" electrically the radiator, on
pcb try to fold a structure to get somehow a resonance, should be
ok for 20 meters and nothing in between

Freddy

Hi .. For that frequency and the such short distance .. You don't need a well matched antenna .A very simple short cable will do.Have you ever seen the wireless microphones that send on the RADIO FM band ... very simple .. You can't possibly burn an output chip transistor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back