Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need advice on power protection IC S-8209

Status
Not open for further replies.

catsunami

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone!

I am making a power board, and I need to use a LiPo battery protection circuit. I found this one today, but I can't for the life of me figure out what the current limits are: **broken link removed** .

I will be putting 3 in series (it's a 3S battery), and I need about 10A max for current. More is better obviously, I'll limit it at a later stage. But I don't know what this little IC can support. It has no overcurrent protection, I know. I am interested in this chip in particular because it is a balancer too.

I am also considering using this: **broken link removed** . And here to calculate max current I would take the overcurrent detection voltage and divide it by the resistance of the battery, right?

Anyway, I hope someone can help me, I find these ICs very confusing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.