Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a suggestion on a thesis project..

Status
Not open for further replies.

akino

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
project and thesis on power electronics

Hi guyz, I need a suggestion on what thesis project should i undertake? it should be fissible or atleast some part is.. THNX

What is your area of specialization? There are many projects in communication systems, control, power electronics etc.

Can't really tell,w/c is why i need some suggestion.. Im thinking about fingerprint recognition,but i think it'll be costly for me.. any suggestion?

Well, since you mentioned recognition, in terms of DSP, video processing and multimedia networking is quite popular. Video processing is mainly about quality enhancement techniques, meaning to have the best quality with least video size. In terms of Networking, New DSP methods for QoS issues in WAN and LAN, flow control in networks, especially wireless networks, path selection for video streaming, etc... Those are quite interesting DSP areas to work on a thesis.

if it is a bachelor project then finger print project might work otherwise it's no more interesting thing to work on..
if ur university allows simulation project then work on image processing, OFDM related project.

Naveed

well, if you've studied communications, there are different things that you can do like simulation or implementation. simulation costs you much less than implementation for you do not have to buy any hardware at most of the times. there are also different fields like networks, receivers, digital signal processing, adaptive signal processing (adaptive filtering). what field are you into mostly? or even you can choose a combination of the above. for example my bachelor thesis topic was " Simulation of Rake Receiver via adaptive filter theory" which is a combination of digital wireless communications, channel estimation and adaptive filtering. and I used matlab to simulate it. first choose if you want to do simulation or implementation and then decide what would you like to do. and don't forget to choose something that is new. ;)
regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back