Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a precise frequency difference culculation CMOScircuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarghz

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Friends,,
I Need a precise frequency difference culculation circuit, a simple design in CMOS technology. The circuit which should have output (Fout) as function of 2 input frequency, F1 & F2. Fout =|F1-F2|. Assume that Fout, F1 & F2 has 50% duty circle. Please help. Thank you.

you could use two counters, c1 and c2, at a known reference frequency and see how many counts c1 and c2 make in a set amount of time.

Re: Need a precise frequency difference culculation CMOScirc

Thank you for the advice.
But I rather looking for much simple circuit. I wonder could that be possible with circuit like mixer,comparator or with few pieces of CMOS.

Re: Need a precise frequency difference culculation CMOScirc

kumarghz said:
Friends,,
I Need a precise frequency difference culculation circuit, a simple design in CMOS technology. The circuit which should have output (Fout) as function of 2 input frequency, F1 & F2. Fout =|F1-F2|. Assume that Fout, F1 & F2 has 50% duty circle. Please help. Thank you.

Mixer can be used. Just use F1 and F2 as the two input of Mixer, and the output is the result you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back