Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Necessary Files to Forward to Assembly for Conformal Coating of PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ling4ever

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a fully assembled HAST pcb that will need conformal coating. There are areas that should be free of conformal coating like plastic socket areas (for preserving the mechanical function of the sockets), test pads and edge finger (for access to the conductor). The pcb is also free of soldermask so I need to send this quick for conformal coating. Conformal coating to be used is a low-VOC conformal coating.

My concern is, how should I instruct the assembly to only coat those areas not listed above? Do I need another film/artwork for both the top and bottom layer application of the conformal coating?

You should contact the assembly house and ask them in what format they want to receive this kind of data.

This is the best answer.
In the past I have drawn filled shapes on a layer and made extensive drawings only to find that the assembly dept only needed instructions to not coat xxx because they could not use the data I sent.

Ask first then do what they ask for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back