Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nanosim Power Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcilio

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
nanosim power

Hi
I need to simulate about a 1000 different simulations using nanosim with different input vector and record the power results after each simulation. Obviously, I don't want to sit and do it manually. Is there any way to setup nanosim to run it and save the results to a file?

nanosim power simulation

Using nesting with script and configuration files and save the result with diffenrent names in stead of NanosimPower only in a seperated folder.

changing source nanosims

Thanks for the quick reply.
Do you have an example on how to use the script? Will this work if I'm using spectre netlists?

vector file spectre netlist

Spectre ? If i do not mistake it is a CADENCE tool ... You want to use its netlist for SYNOPSYS NanoSim ? Regarding your original question, i think i have quite misunderstood a bit, script nesting may not help you much if your no of simulation is greater than 1000... It may show the effectiveness in case you have to continously change your simulation vector files datas ...

nanosim cadence

You are correct Spectre is a Cadence tool. Nanosim allows different kinds of netlists to describe circuits, and we have been using spectre for our early simulations.
As for the original question, I do need to change the vector file datas continuously but I need to make sure that nanosim resets the simulation ( or starts a new one ) between data changes. I need to be able to see how the average power changes as I give the design different inputs.
When you say nesting scripts, do you mean unix scripts or nanosim scripts inside a configuration file ?
I was also thinking about using a unix script to run independent simulations on every vector file and saving the results file to another directory
Any advice will be great help. I'm a fairly new to nanosim
Thanks

synopsys nanosim vector input

wcilio said:
You are correct Spectre is a Cadence tool. Nanosim allows different kinds of netlists to describe circuits, and we have been using spectre for our early simulations.
As for the original question, I do need to change the vector file datas continuously but I need to make sure that nanosim resets the simulation ( or starts a new one ) between data changes. I need to be able to see how the average power changes as I give the design different inputs.
When you say nesting scripts, do you mean unix scripts or nanosim scripts inside a configuration file ?
I was also thinking about using a unix script to run independent simulations on every vector file and saving the results file to another directory
Any advice will be great help. I'm a fairly new to nanosim
Thanks

Ok, now i quite get your question , the problem is that you have to change the data in your vector file sequentialy or you already have 1000 ready made vector file ?

Case 1: If you have only 1 vector file and have to change its datas urself, that case i dont have any idea ... You may have to perform the cosimulation and record data ( as well as changing the record file name ) manually...

Case 2: If you have 1000 seperated vector file, from my opinion script nesting ( means automatically execute script right after script by involving the "source" command ) may be the best way ...

I dont know whether there is any special feature of NanoSim that can be better ...

( Obviously i mean to say NanoSim script ) and NanoSim script is quite different with the configuration file. Configuration file may be common but script must be diff ...

And beside, you are a student or engineer ?

nanosim 2007 tutorial

I haven't created any of my vector files yet. Case 2 sounds like the one that would work for me, but I can't find an example of how to do the nesting script in the configuration file. If you run into one or have an script or any help online ( specially with the source command) that I could look at I would really I appreciate it. Btw I am a graduate student

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back