Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nanosecond Monostable using ECL Flip Flop D

Status
Not open for further replies.

gianbo85

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a PECL trigger signal at a frequency of 40Mhz and pulse width that can be as low as 1-2 ns and I need to adjust the lenght of the pulses using a monostable to 5-10 ns.

Since the pulses are very fast and the rest of the logic on my circuit is PECL I thought about using some monostable circuit with ECL logic. I found googling around that a flip flop D can be used with a delay line to make a monostable but I couldn't find how.

On Semiconductor has some very fast Flip Flops like MC100EP35 or even NBSG53A that can be used...

Any help is appreciated :)

Have a nice day

Gianluca

I expect, that you would make the FF output self-reset the device through the delay line. It's worth a try.

Thanks,

I had a similar idea, the configuration would be:

-D input always high

-pulsed input connected to CLK

-output delayed and connected to the RESET pin

My only doubt is about the reset part: On Semi datasheets say that the reset is an "Asynchronous Reset" and sets the level of the output LOW when reset is HIGH (see Truth Table on page 2: https://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/MC10EP51-D.PDF). Now, if the reset pin is held HIGH by the delayed pulse for 2 ns and then goes LOW, does the output go HIGH again or it remains LOW till the next CLK edge?

Any idea?

Gianluca

Status
Not open for further replies.