Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

n+ poly salicide connection (snp_rfb)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesy

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Screenshot-11.png

Screenshot-12.png

Hi, there are 3 terminal for the resistor where one is minus , another one is plus at two end of the resistor, however, i need to connect the middle terminal to the ground. what should i add to make the resistor connect to ground? i add poly contact for making connection to ground but it doesn't work.I cant pass the LVS. does anyone can help me?? thanks

Seems your resistor is on (p-)substrate. So its 3rd terminal needs a p+ tap (p+ substrate contact).

sorry, i dont really understand. how should i make the routing? is that i add a contact and connect with metal??

you have to add a ptap on your p substrate and connect it to gnd. However, your substrate is normally connected to gnd. The third terminal is necessary for parasitics modeling, but is not an "actual" terminal.

is that i just create a instance of ptap into the substrate right? i'm using 0.13um technology but i can't find ptap/ ntap in the library.is that adding M1-Psub? i added it but it still shows not connected properly. what should i do? thank you so much for your help

Last edited:

sorry, i'm still confusing, the model i use is snp_rfb(n+ poly salicide) and is it possible the subtrate of the resistor is P-?? is it n- substrate is for P+ Poly Salicide?

the model i use is snp_rfb(n+ poly salicide) and is it possible the subtrate of the resistor is P-?? is it n- substrate is for P+ Poly Salicide?

The doping polarity of poly salicide has nothing to do with the silicon doping below. As Braski has noted above, the 3rd terminal is just for parasitics modeling, hence it has to be connected with the silicon layer below the resistor. If it is n-substrate -- as you stated above -- (or n-well), connect it with the usual N+ tap which you use for connecting the bulk of your PMOS transistors, perhaps named M1-Nsub (don't know what's its name in your process). If the resistor lies over p-substrate, connect it with the usual P+ tap which you use for connecting the bulk of your NMOS transistors, perhaps named M1-Psub as you stated above.

HTH! erikl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back