Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Mystery ESC brushless motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

YIM bunchhat

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have bought a new ESC brushless motor from market, but I want to use it with PIC MCU. I don't know how to use it for the first time. I connnect power to it and send PWM to it but it does not work. Anybody Can help me please:cry:

You essentially have to provide an electronically-generated (switched by your PIC uC through transistors to provide the neccessary power) three phase electric power low voltage source of energy to the motor.
So you need three PWM signals spaced 120deg apart to drive the transistors to provide power to the motor.

Sorry friend your answer is not match my question. I only want to know how can I control ESC driver brushless motor by PIC. Mystery-100A-Brushless-Motor-1-Gallay.jpg-1100536236.jpeg

Your question is unclear.

First, ESC means Electronic Speed Control. It is not a motor type.

So, do you have an ESC, or a Brushless DC motor, or both?

I guess from your picture that you have an ESC, and want to control it from a PIC.

Usually, these ESCs, if intended for the hobby/radio control market, respond to a standard servo PWM signal. So, send a 50Hz signal with a pulse width of from 1ms to 2ms for zero to full speed.

If that seems wrong, check the datasheet for the part that you have.

I have bought a new ESC brushless motor from market, but I want to use it with PIC MCU. I don't know how to use it for the first time. I connnect power to it and send PWM to it but it does not work. Anybody Can help me please:cry:

Now that I understand your question I can give you a more appropriate answer.
Read through the attached manual and write code for the PIC uC to control the ESC as stipulated in its programming manual.

Attachments

• Mystery Speed Controller Programming Instructions.pdf
    43.9 KB · Views: 96

Thank you for your manaul, but after I read I see that mystery ESC module need to program it first befor use. So if I don't have special transmitter and receiver for it how can I use it?:-( . if I buy second hand ESC can I use it without program or not?

Since you are not using a hobby RF receiver you will have to supply the same signals that the RF receiver would have supplied to the ESC using your PIC uC to program it.

move the throttle stick to the Center Position means:
send a 50Hz signal with a pulse width of 1.5ms for (half speed)

move the throttle stick back to the Full-up-position:
send a 50Hz signal with a pulse width of 2.0ms for (full speed)

move the throttle stick to the Lowest (Down) Position
send a 50Hz signal with a pulse width of 1.0ms for (low/no speed)

Last edited:
thank you not-a- moderator now it work......:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.