Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My roommate is eating my brains out

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitr8

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want a comparison of the advantages and disadvantages of labview VS Labwindows/CVI.
why should i prefer one over another.
Any help will save me from him.

You can do the same things in any of them. CVI is easy to use if you know C else stick with Labview.

actaully he read somewhere that for complex things labwindows is better than labview.
what can labwindows do that labview can't.

It really comes down to what you want to do. As an R&D engineer I find labview easy to write my test programs and simulation with without checking for syntax error, keeping track of types, and all other irrelevant programming issues associated with C/C++. However if you are used to C/C++ type of environment and know how ot get to the classes and objects then Labwindows is good for you. However once you discover all the VIs and their capabilities and know how to use them, then Labview is the way to go for productivity.

Use labview to make standard analysis of captured signal: FFT, view real time graphs, save data to disk,etc, etc. In that case, labview is very easy and powerful. But if you need to program something specific, FORGET Labview!! Graphic programs are a mess!!

For example, to make a simply sequence you need use the sequence box, while the standard programming is obvious ... Idem to case box, etc, etc.

To simplify the program you need to do a lot of nested Vis....

In short, if you need specific programming, use Labwindows or Measurement Studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back