Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

my pic doesnot work help me plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_anderson

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i am using pic16F84A i wrote the prog for it and get the hex file but i have loaded it into the pic it doesnot work i have used the LEAP 10 device , but i have noticed that the LEAP device asks me to set the configuration word before it starts to burn the hex file i mean i have my configuration word in the hex file but it asks me for it itz ok but it asked me for the "enable brown out bit " what is it i have never heard about it in the PIC16F84A , any suggestions plz

When brown out is enable, the device reset itself if VDD gets below a specific level. Sometimes this is level is user selected, check datasheet.

Ric

hi,

i think check the datasheet at first, but to be sure from ur doing try another programmer with the same burner ans see the result, u can use ICprog if ur burner works with it, or use WINpic.

see the result and we r waiting ur reply.

thanks

Hi

Make sure you have selected the target chip as 16F84A both in the assembling/compiling tool as well as in the programming interface.

16F84A is inot having a brown out reset bit I think. So there must be some settings mistake in one of the tools.

All the best

picstudent

yeah the PIC16F84A doesnot have brown bit it has PWRON option ok i will try it and inform u thank u for your help

You have to check also the other bits in cofiguration word. If this PIC have WDT,for instance, what about the WDT? if it was not disabled your program must have a clear watchdog inside your program to prevent reset from watch dog, also verify if the correct setting of the oscillator bits are set.

mr_anderson said:
hi
i am using pic16F84A i wrote the prog for it and get the hex file but i have loaded it into the pic it doesnot work i have used the LEAP 10 device , but i have noticed that the LEAP device asks me to set the configuration word before it starts to burn the hex file i mean i have my configuration word in the hex file but it asks me for it itz ok but it asked me for the "enable brown out bit " what is it i have never heard about it in the PIC16F84A , any suggestions plz

If it's not too long why not share your code so we can try to fix it.

mr_anderson,
For starting with PIC, assembly is the best choice in my opinion, and MPLAB/MPASM from Microchip is what you should use, they are the best software supporting Microchip MCUs (of course!!!), with simulator, and most important, absolutely free.

For writing code for Microchip MCUs for the first time, beside follow the example codes elswhere on internet and Microchip PIC books, you should follow the code templates provided by Microchip along with the MPLAB/MPASM that people easily forget. In the templates, you can find out the structure and principle of the code for the specific PIC, that is very helpful and useful. Also remember that, the template for the same PIC may be slightly different from version to version of MPLAB/MPASM, so you had better to use the right template.

You can find out the code template for PIC16F84A as follows, remember that the actual place is depending on the specific version of MPLAB/MPASM, this is the link for MPLAB v.7.xx:

"C:\Program files\Microchip\MPASM Suite\Template\Code\f84atemp.asm".

Open this file by any text editor program, such as Notepad in Windows, or directly by MPLAB/MPASM, you will gain from that.

Hope something clearer for you. I am very sorry about my long words.

Happy programming.
nguyennam

thank u guys but i have wrote the prog itz " 200 lines " thatz why i didnot post it , i have build it and i get the hex file , i run it on the MPLAP v 7 and i simutalted it on it itz working probaly , i also disableb the WDT , itz working properly on the simulation but the prob. is when i burn it on the device i donot know i think the programmer i use has problems .
thank u again

If you use low voltage programming mode, you have to pulldown the PGM pin, in your target system, otherwise it will enter in programming mode and the configuration word might be corrupted. Moreover the LVP bit could be cleared and then, only high voltage programming mode will program your pic. Forget that if your programm uses high voltage programming. You could also test a simple program like blink a led, just to see if your programmer is working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back