Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My PCB file format is incompatible

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob1210

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
outpdif.exe

Hi,

Wondered if anyone can help....I have old Unix based PCAD data that I would like to open in a newer viewer for printing etc..

I have used the 'OUTPDIF' executable to convert into a PDIF file but to no avail, I am getting a message 'format incompatible'

The header details for this .pcb file is:

Personal CAD Systems, Inc.
PC-CARDS Database file version : 2.08

I notice that another user had success with this exact same version...Is there anything I am doing wrong here?

I am using syntax: 'outpdif.exe xxx.pcb'

Any help would be appreciated greatly

Rob

pdif pcb format

upload your file, let me try.

hyoree

.pcb format incompatible

Hi, Please see attached file

The same error occured when i did the same operation.
May be the edition of this pcb is incompatible.
The tool "outpdif" is OK. I have translated many old pcad files to pdif. I suggest you contact the writer of this soft to get more informations.

hyoree

House_cat is having a look at this file for me also so will see what how he gets on before I start looking at other options. Thanks for having a look for me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back