Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My output is showing high impedence after doing the following please explain

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam33r

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am connecting a wire output of a test bench to a module instantiated in a top module. I am defining an input to a top module where this output wire of the test bench is connected. I am getting the correct required value at the module inside the top module, But the output wire of the test bench is shown high impedance in the waveforms. Can any one tell me the reason behind this?

---------- Post added at 06:22 ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 ----------

One more doubt can we define a wire and a port name (wire connected to it) with a same name? will it create problem?

Did you properly drive the output wire of the test bench?

Yes I guess. The moment I connect this wire with the module port its goes to high impedance state, otherwise it shows the prefect value. Can you explain what does proper driving of output wire means? Thanks

Can you pls attach ur design and testbench code if possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back