Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

my ICD2 now working fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightmusic

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
my serial com ICD2 used:
PIC16F876A + DG411(MCLR control) + TL497A(generate VPP-13V) + MAX232N + IRF9540(target board power switch)
no usb IC CY7C64603-52NC,but I used a "usb to serial com" IC pl2303hx . so my ICD2 working fine.
I know MPLAB IDE Ver 6.4 is a last good version . since Ver 6.5 and later, MPLAB IDE's com to ICD2 became very slow, and unsteadiness 。so I used mplab IDE Ver 6.4 .and I used a USB TO SERIAL COM line (pl2303hx IC).
dont use reality com port connect to ICD2, bust connect to ICD2 used a dummy serial com port . then it will working fine.

Hi brother!
Put more information for us like schematic and source code for the microcontroller!

Thanks in advance, Gorkin!

Im not sure if this is fully relevant, but under winodws XP, if you use a USB to Serial converter you should check that the FIFO buffers are turned off, as these can alot of the time for me kill any sort of serial programmer.

Benjamin B. Roy

can u post the schematic and pcb??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back