Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My first AVR Programmer does not recognise My first AVR LED demo Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear nagkiller,

Which compiler you use for generating hex file?

Please reply.

- - - Updated - - -

I have Atmel studio 6 and ponyprog,please recommend me any programmer circuit for who compatible with
ponyprog.

I use Atmel AVR Studio 4 with toolchain, USBASP and eXtreme Burner - AVR.

Please let me know that the attached USBasp is correct circuit can i build it please see it and other question is that the
attached layout can build on ARES. or any other software required for making this type of layout.

Attachments

• layout.bmp
    2.3 MB · Views: 59
  • usbasp.bmp
    769.1 KB · Views: 66

Please can you send me your USBasp schematic?.

- - - Updated - - -

What is Avrdude?

Please let me know what is TOOLCHAIN on Atmel Studio 6 and what its purpose and where I find it in the Atmel
Studio 6?

A toolchain or toolset is the compiler and associated utilities required to compile or assemble source code into machine code (HEX file).

The current Atmel toolchain is installed when you install the Atmel Studio 6 package, along with the IDE.

It is typically installed in a directory called the Atmel Software Framework adjacent to the Atmel Studio 6 directory.

C:\Program Files\Atmel\Atmel Software Framework\3.5.0.186

BigDog

Dear alexan_e,

I have two USBasp Programmers one I built at home and one I bought from aliexpress.com.

The USBasp I build at home is working well and program my Atmega8 successfully but the purchased USBasp Programmer is

not detected by my PC ,the balloon show message the USB not recognised.

What can I do for make it useful programmer?

Is the commercial USBasp loaded with the latest firmware?

If not, you might need to upgrade it.

Also, determine if there are any deviations from the original design, you never know what corners were cut to save money.

BigDog

Is the commercial USBasp loaded with the latest firmware?

If not, you might need to upgrade it.

Also, determine if there are any deviations from the original design, you never know what corners were cut to save money.

BigDog

Please let me know that how to upgrade its firmware , I did not upgrade its firmware.

Essentially like your home built USBasp. :wink:

However, first determine the firmware version currently loaded in the device.

I've not used the USBasp, is there a way to retrieve the current version number of the firmware, through a software app perhaps?

Also before you attempt to upgrade the firmware, you need to verify it follows the design of the standard USBasp, like your home built unit.

Without have the device in front of me it is difficult to say.

Is the AVR in the commercial USBasp a DIP or SMD package?

If DIP, is it socketed?

Is there an ISP programming port available on the commercial USBasp.

Can you post a link to the website of your commercial USBasp?

BigDog

Dear,

The commercial USBasp is detected successfully, the link is printed back of programmer MK-USBISP-V3.00 2012=05-20

I googled it and attain its firmware but it is not programming target AVR , the error occurs about usblib0.dll. I installed

usblib0.dll but the situation become more difficult now because after installing usblib0.dll the software KHAZAMA is not

showing AVR list.

Please see attachment ,it is my programmer. USBasp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back