Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My circuit absorb less supply current than it needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dann11

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am currently troubleshooting my circuit design board, and found out that some of my components are placed in the wrong manner and some of the traces were open , but upon setting every components at right position and reconnecting the traces, my circuit work but with not enough current, so still some of the components didn't function well. What are the possible causes of not absorbing enough current from supply?

It all depends.

For simple passive components, if you are convinced that they are not functioning well, the most likely reason is that they are defective.

For simple active components like transistors etc., it is possible that your design is defective or the component is gone bad.

It is not possible to be more specific with the information you have provided.

Please provide more specific details about what you are doing, what you expect it to do and what you find it is doing that is unexpected.

What are you using as a power supply? Is it possible you're hitting the limit and operating in CC mode?

sounds like you have blown up some parts with your initial work...

Status
Not open for further replies.