Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multisim.....AC sweep analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

kummari

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I worked on Orcad ...in which i can sweep capacitance value for one particular frequency...but now am learning multisim ....using parameter sweep i can sweep various capacitor values for single frequency ....but both curves dont match...in orcad i used AC sweep analysis with capacitance in parametric sweep...how can i get this in multisim?

thanks

go to the following dialog
simulate ---> analysis ---> parameter sweep

Alex

go to the following dialog
simulate ---> analysis ---> parameter sweep

Alex

Hi Alex,
i already mentioned that in my thread that i tried with Parameter Sweep but results arent matching ....in orcad its taking X-axis as capacitance n sweeping capacitance for single frequency where as in multisim x-axis is taken as frequency....

I'm not sure what you mean when you say the curves don't match, do you mean that multisim gives wrong results.

Here is what I've tried, an AC sweep for capacitor value parameter change

multisim_param_sweep1.gif

multisim_param_sweep2.gif

If you limit the frequency range then you will get colored dots one lower of the other

Alex

Hi,
i dont mean that am getting wrong results but i cant find it very easy to find which value of capacitance has highest magnitude for particular frequency.....as i can see in orcad...refer the graphs hope u understand..thanks for helping out...

Attachments

• multisim.GIF
    multisim.GIF
    25.2 KB · Views: 71
  • orcad.GIF
    orcad.GIF
    16.5 KB · Views: 94

I think I get what you mean, ORCAD shown the capacitor values in the X axis while multisim uses the X axis for frequency.
I'll check to see if there is a way to show a graph with different X axis like in ORCAD.

Re: multisim.....creating parameters

Hi,
can anyone tell me how to create parameters in multisim..in orcad it can be done by placing a part param..but there no such option in multisim...

I'm not sure it can be done.
In ORCAD the parameters exist because you can select to sweep a PARAM variable but in multisim the parameter you want to sweep is selected from a drop down menu so what would be the point of having a PARAM, where would it be used?

yea even i too thought of same..cause we select model parameter but there is no global parameter to select...so how can i sweep a parameter not restricting to a model itself...a kind of which parameter exists in more than one model...i think this can be done in nested sweep but i dont find my results matching in orcad.

Hi,
is there anyway to calculate performance in OrCad and multisim..like the speed of simulation..?????

Calculate performance - from which information? What's your actual problem in this regard? AC analysis is generally fast with all simulators, I think.

the problem is both multisim and orcad are giving same results...so i want to know which simulator is best so i shud compare in terms of performance so...how shud i do dat....

how to use same component names in multisim.?
cause when i use hierarchical blocks am having coupled industance in that its not geting updated as names in that block..but if try to change it gets reflected in all blocks cause its hierarchical block..so how to overcome this problem..i found that if we use same component names i think this gets solved...

Status
Not open for further replies.