Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiplication operators synthesizability

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun_ray

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is multiplication operator * synthesizable by Synopsys DC and Cadence RC? If yes from which version of DC this * operator is synthesizable?

As far as I know, it is not...You have to perform multiplication by left shifting operations...

Is multiplication operator * synthesizable by Synopsys DC and Cadence RC? If yes from which version of DC this * operator is synthesizable?
As far as I know, it is not...You have to perform multiplication by left shifting operations...

Really? I remember using the * operation back in ~'94 with Synopsys DC and it inserted a designware multiplier. Must be a useful feature they've removed. :roll:

ads-ee is right...Check out the following statement from the DC user guide..
"DesignWare components that implement many of the built-in HDL operators are provided by Synopsys. These operators include +, -, *, <, >, <=, >=, and the operations defined by if and case statements."

ads-ee is right...Check out the following statement from the DC user guide..
"DesignWare components that implement many of the built-in HDL operators are provided by Synopsys. These operators include +, -, *, <, >, <=, >=, and the operations defined by if and case statements."

When a designware component selected by DC . for example it select an multiplier, how this multiplier the is converted in terms of technology libray cells/gates/logics? This is because this multiplier then is a hard macro.

The multiplier is not a hard macro. It will retain the designware architecture and will be implemented using the technology library specified in the design..(or target library in case of DC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back