Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate exp() and log() and root() without multiplication in verilog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

u24c02

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.
I want to know that How to calculate exp() and log() and root() without multiplication in verilog? (If it need it, then how to calculate?)

Does any one know this method in verilog, would you please let me know?

I have already asked like this question but the answers does not help me.

**broken link removed**

Please help me.

hi,
Hi.
I want to know that How to calculate exp() and log() and root() without multiplication in verilog? (If it need it, then how to calculate?)

Does any one know this method in verilog, would you please let me know?

I have already asked like this question but the answers does not help me.

**broken link removed**

Please help me.

i can tell you about square root.

search for AN OPTIMIZED SQUARE ROOT ALGORITHM in google. read the 1st pdf . you will know how to do it without mutiplication

regards

You can use CORDIC algorithm. Google search "Cordic log exp square root algorithms".

CORDIC can do a lot, but hardly "without multilpcation" because it's basic operation is a matrix multiply.

@FvM: I think, using only adders (+/-), the required logic can be implemented using CORDIC. Please correct me if I am wrong. Of course, a look-up table approach would be the simple.

CORDIC can do a lot, but hardly "without multilpcation" because it's basic operation is a matrix multiply.

I must confess that I'm not particularly motivated to find a solution for this arbitrary and unexplained requirement. But to mention the obvious, a mere look-up table without interpolation would do.

- - - Updated - - -

You may be right that CORDIC can be implemented with shift and add only.

Hi.
I want to know that How to calculate exp() and log() and root() without multiplication in verilog?

you can, as FvM suggests use a look-up table, otherwise it is not possible,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back