Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiplexer Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandrakanth527

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello World,
Im very new to this electronics field and im in badly need of some help. Im working on an home automation system. There are only 4 pins free on my 8051 device. Using only these 4 pins i should be able to control atleast 10 devices. The solution here is obvious, we should use a multiplexer, but the problem is; if i use a multiplexer i'll be able to use only one device at a time.. i should be able to control all devices at once.. can anyone please please help me, im in urget need of it..
Do we have something like multiplexer with memory .. like the multiplexer output pin will be active till we turn it off or something like that..

You can use multiple at a time, switching each device at high rate(naked eye won't see any change), the key is synchronisation!!! tell us more about the 'devices in question' so that we are able to assist.

this is what my device should do..

4pin of 8051 ---> should control 10 pins --->10pins are connected to relays that control the lights and fans .. my doubt is if i do it really fast will they still work.. is there any other simple way to do this

serial Shift register 74HC595 chaining
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.