Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multiple schematic for the same footprint : altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

salemINCEPT

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello

how can i attach the same footprint to multiple schematic for the same component i'm using multiple schematic sheet and i need to use the same component in diffrent sheets
thank you

What?

If you place the same component on different sheets, it will have the same footprint, right? Maybe you need to restate your question.

You don't attach a footprint to a schematic, it's attached to the component.

ï'm using a part with 300 pins in each sheet i want to use maximum 30 pins . that's why each time i'm using different schematic to connect this part with other parts . however i'm afraid that when i do the rooting altium will consider that each schematic does not represent the same footprint for my part
thank you all

Last edited:

So, what you REALLY have is a COMPONENT with multiple PARTS. This is unfortunate nomenclature, but that's what Altium uses.

As long as each part has the same reference designator, Altium will know that each part (or sub-part, if you will) is an element of a single component and uses a single footprint.

This is all related to how you initially created that multi-part component.

thank you so much that realy helped me i will give for each sub part the same default designator , i hope that will work
happy to be part of your forum community :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back