Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiple interface with 8255

Status
Not open for further replies.

maps2012

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have two 8255 peripherals that interfaced to the 68000. I have 2 ADCs, 2 DACs and 2 LCDs to interface to the 8255. Is it possible to multiplex? The ADC is ZN448E and the DAC is AD558. The LCD is standard 16 pin. Besides I have 2 analog multiplexers, 4051 that will require 3 control lines.

To interface the peripherals to the 8255 ports you will have to use one port(e.g. 8 bit) to generate the chip select for the different peripherals and the control signals needed. Each peripheral requires a specific read/write cycle you need to generate in software and meet their timing diagram. Could be a lot of effort and slow. If you can get access to the address and control signals a hardware decoding would be more useful.

Enjoy your design work!

Status
Not open for further replies.