Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiple headset mixer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberrat

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I see from some browsing that there is a need for a mixer that will allow 3 or more users with headset/mic's to use them all at one PC.

i.E. to all use skype from one PC.

Has anyone here seen any circuits that may do this?

Cheers,
Roland.

For the headphone part, you need a splitter. These are really just resistor dividers. An example can be seen at : (scroll to the end of the PDF)

**broken link removed**

For the mics, it a bigger problem. I would think you would need to add buffer amps between the mics to prevent feedback and hum. It may be possible with just resistors if you use the right mics and the PC's sound card is forgiving. The PC is communicating over Skype with mono audio. Therefore, you maybe able to connect a separate mic to each stereo channel and let the PC do the stereo to mono mixing. If you get two mics working like this, then try combining two mics on the right stereo channel and two mics on the left stereo channel using summing resistors.

Added after 6 minutes:

Some other options discussed here:

**broken link removed**

Cheers for the reply, it seems that the people that use skype are not electronically minded & can only refer to using additional pc bits etc.

I was just wondering if there was already a solution/circuit online that someone knew, yes I suppose we will have to design one with the relative amps etc in.

Cheers.
Roland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back