Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multiple Arduino ESP8266 with a single server

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerpol23

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on a project that monitors a production/manufacturing system. In the system there are 10 processes involved and each process have a controller with red green and yellow buttons and also a sensor to determine the number of outputs for each process. Each button corresponds to a certain problem and when pressed, it will be displayed to a central display that will be visible to the supervisors. I am planning to use Arduino ESP8266 for each controller and a raspberry pi for the main server (display TV) for them to communicate through a single router. I will be using c# to display the data received from each ESP8266. I would just like to ask if this would be the best approach for the requirement. And if it is, will the communication be through html? thanks in advance! :)

if you are in a production environment, you may have lots of motors, inductors, that will make wifi connection a nightmare ...
and wifi is the only available com for esp8266...
RS422 is way more reliable there.

Implement your project as following hardware
Current Raspberry Pi 3 have inbuilt Wifi System.. So make Local server (using Ubuntu Linux OS for Rasp Pi) using Apache or Nginx and connect with Wifi router/Modem
Back end processor on server is based on the PHP and MySQL to store the data.

Each ESP8266 Module connected with Arduino Nano/Uno will try to connect with WiFI modem when start.

When Successfully connected. Try to TCP/UDP connect with the Rasp Pi with multiple client mode. and Post/GET the PHP page from server according to your application requirement.

Design some sort of authentication system so that whole system is secured.

Each ESP8266 Module connected with Arduino Nano/Uno will try to connect with WiFI modem when start.

As @Kripton2035 mentioned, a wired connection is suited for industrial environments. Once you deploy a wireless network it is usually required to proceed to a “site survey”, that is an analysis of the RF reliability performed in general by specialized professionals. It is necessary not only to check the communication performance of your equipment, but also to assess how much it can interfere in others. In industrial plants it is commonly involved expensive assets, costly production inputs, and interconnected processes in which operators should trust.

an esp8266 is an arduino, you dont need an esp8266 AND an arduino nano/uno
but again, wifi connexion in an industrial production environment is not recommended.

I think he's referring to the ESP8266 module that's only the WiFi portion like this one: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13678
13678-03.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back