Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiphase boost issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowman1710

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I am currently modifying the following development board from the initial 10-16V in to 36V 10A it was designed to do to 18-36V in to 50V 4A. The board is linked below:

**broken link removed**

I have made the following changes

Changed to only 3 phase channels
10uH for inductors
50V output with 18-36V Vin at 4A (so changed the feedback Vout sense Vin sense etc)

I have already done tests on with that all working no problem. The 60V MOSFETS seem a bit to close with ringing etc so I wanted to change the MOSFETS (attached). But now I changed to these then either the rectifying MOSFET blows or both on one phase. Any ideas why this is happening?

View attachment TPH1400ANH_datasheet_en_20140217 (1).pdf

You probably are aware it's important to keep a load attached at all times. With no load, output can soar to a high voltage, and you have the possibility of destroying components.

Going with your specs, I ran my simulation of a triple-interleaved boost converter. It may or may not be similar to your converter's topology. Anyway this screenshot shows waveforms you might expect.

You probably are aware it's important to keep a load attached at all times. With no load, output can soar to a high voltage, and you have the possibility of destroying components.

Yes I am aware but with the feedback the output should be regulated it will just be a higher level of ringing seen on the MOSFET, I have kept the load the same for when I changed the MOSFETS it worked before so it must have something to do with these MOSFETS I am using but I couldn't see why they would blow. The ratings seem adequate for the job and the dead time programmed for the drivers shouldn't need changing (unless there is something i'm missing)

Status
Not open for further replies.