Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multi-PIC Programmer PIC18F4550

Status
Not open for further replies.
pic18f4550 programmer

PIC's can be programmed in two way the high voltage programming and low voltage programming...
When you use the low voltage programming as in this case you cannot use the PGM pin in your application it will have to be grounded.
the mode of programming is selected by a config bit and is set to low voltage programming by default...
Check out the datasheet for more info

Added after 1 minutes:

reg. whether this will work or not will depend on the software ... anyways the probability of it doing any harm is very low..

Use a new pic for programming as a PIC programmed using HV cannot be programmed in LV unless config are changed..

gtp usb pic18f4550

I am using gtp usb lite using 18f2550.All resources are available on net.It supports all the necessary models of pic.

PIC18F4550 Programmer what do you think ?

Instead of programmers based on Parellel ports which are obselute you may try programmer which use USB port. You may refer the below page for various posts on USB PIC programmers. Good luck

PIC18F4550 programmer

Plz help me by giving detailed procedure of programming PIC18F4550.
Is it possible to load the bootloader using USB connections ? How ?

Hay fnd i have found the weakness in multi-pic programmer for 18F4550

the 18th pin should be N/C. coz the 18th pin (Vusb) in 18F4550 produce the 3.3V reg for USB. when that pin is grounded it'll make trouble for all. so 18th pin must be make along.

hv a nice day!

2881uns.jpg

randika2000e said:
Hay fnd i have found the weakness in multi-pic programmer for 18F4550 the 18th pin should be N/C. coz the 18th pin (Vusb) in 18F4550 produce the 3.3V reg for USB. when that pin is grounded it'll make trouble for all. so 18th pin must be make along.v a nice day!
The said pin may produce 3.3 volts for USB but now for programming that pin needs to be grounded. and the said programmer uses a serial port and usb is not related in anyway here..Cheers

pranam77 said:
randika2000e said:
Hay fnd i have found the weakness in multi-pic programmer for 18F4550 the 18th pin should be N/C. coz the 18th pin (Vusb) in 18F4550 produce the 3.3V reg for USB. when that pin is grounded it'll make trouble for all. so 18th pin must be make along.v a nice day!
The said pin may produce 3.3 volts for USB but now for programming that pin needs to be grounded. and the said programmer uses a serial port and usb is not related in anyway here..Cheers

No fnd u ddn't get it my point, i only said the week point of that programmer for 18F4550. the 18th pin should not be grounded according to this programmer. this programmer is JDMA not a usb. i have mentioned about the reason, why that programmer doesn't work for 18F4550.

My Multi-PIC Programmer also works after opening the pin 18 to program the PIC18F4550.
Thank you for having solved the problem.

To program a pic18f4550 you simply have to connect pin mclr to pin 1 of the pickit3,
pin pgd to pin 4 of the pickit 3
pin pgc to pin 5 of the pickit 3
then from vdd and vss connect to a +5v source, and connect this source +5v to pin 2 of the pickit3 and 0gnd to pin 3 of the pickit3
Then simply open up MPLAB and create a new project with hi-tech, so create a new .c file and
#include <htc.h>
#define txData = 3
int main() {
txData = 1;
return;
}
and you should output high on pin3

Pickit3 is an easy setup.

Re: pic18f4550 quick programmer

I have built it and it work perfectly (I try PIC 16F84A and PIC 16f877A)
But there is one problem :
As long as I connect the programmer to my circuit , the PIC micro-controller always stay on reset mode (it's mean MCLR goes low)

Status
Not open for further replies.