Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MTEE problem in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

memince

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am making a rectenna system in ADS. I did the impedance mapping from the Smith Chart Tool. However, when I put MTEE between MLINEs, my S11 value changes. Why do you think it happens? I want the system to run at 2.14 GHz.

Ekran Alıntısı.JPG
Ekran Alıntısı1.JPG
Ekran Alıntısı2.JPG
Ekran Alıntısı3.JPG

Have a look at the layout. MTEE adds some metal length, to make room for the T-junction. Also it includes the electrical effect of the connection including that metal.

Have a look at the layout. MTEE adds some metal length, to make room for the T-junction. Also it includes the electrical effect of the connection including that metal.
So I will not add MTEE on the schematic screen, but on the layout. Then will there be a change in S11 value?

So I will not add MTEE on the schematic screen, but on the layout.

Oh .. no, no!

You misunderstand things. Schematic is there to represent your layout. Your schematic without MTEE is invalid because it models something you cannot build: an ideal junction with no parasitics.

To have a valid result, you must include MTEE, and layout shows what you get. You will need to tweak length of the lines connected to the MTEE.

Oh .. no, no!

You misunderstand things. Schematic is there to represent your layout. Your schematic without MTEE is invalid because it models something you cannot build: an ideal junction with no parasitics.

To have a valid result, you must include MTEE, and layout shows what you get. You will need to tweak length of the lines connected to the MTEE.
thank you very much
--- Updated ---

Oh .. no, no!

I am so sorry. I don't know how to do what you said. I am new to this program.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.