Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MSP430G2553 I2C Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmarshall651

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey,

I cannot get my I2C code working for the MSP430G2553. I know there is no problem with the JTAG programming as I can make an LED flash. I am trying to communicate with a sensor which doesn't matter as I am unable to see the I2C clock. I have also tried using Spy-Bi-Wire. I cannot see the I2C clock with any of my attempts. I have been using 10k pull ups to 3.3 and then switched them out with 4.7ks. Still no success.

I also could not get it working on the launchpad. TI has not been very helpful. I have posted the code I have been using. Hope someone else can get it working! Thanks in advance.

View attachment main3.zip

I used Energia IDE for programming rtc code worked fine for me untill sda and scl pins connected. as soon as i disconnected it get hanged. DO you find any such abnormal behavior working with i2c.

I cannot get my I2C code working for the MSP430G2553. I know there is no problem with the JTAG programming as I can make an LED flash. I am trying to communicate with a sensor which doesn't matter as I am unable to see the I2C clock. I have also tried using Spy-Bi-Wire. I cannot see the I2C clock with any of my attempts. I have been using 10k pull ups to 3.3 and then switched them out with 4.7ks. Still no success.

I also could not get it working on the launchpad. TI has not been very helpful. I have posted the code I have been using. Hope someone else can get it working! Thanks in advance.

View attachment 77932[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I haven't been on here in a while. I never got mine working. Switched over to SPI which is dramatically easier to program and work with. Hope you figure it out!!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I haven't been on here in a while. I never got mine working. Switched over to SPI which is dramatically easier to program and work with. Hope you figure it out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.